Friday, May 8, 2009

So Glad I Went....

Today, Kris Allen, one of the American Idol Top 3, came home to Little Rock & Conway to perform and film footage for the Homecoming show on Tuesday night. I am sooo glad I decided to go. It made me really proud to be an Arkansan & really proud to be a part of something, that for Kris, is HUGE. The turnout was wonderful, especially considering that he is appearing more than a couple of times today in different venues. It made me hope that I do as good a job turning out a boy as his parents have. Not a star, but a good boy. He just reeks goodness and humility. His family made an appearance about an hour before he did & his mother just seemed to be bursting with pride and overwhelmed by the support for her child. It sounds corny but the entire experience was just heartwarming. I really can't say enough good things about Idol, because I think it's been a great catalyst to bring families together. I can't tell you the last show we all viewed together before Idol began. And although our teenager is a bit too cool to join in now, it really is something that we all enjoy watching and commenting on. Overall, it's fairly positive, feel-good, reality tv, and that's something that's hard to come by these days. And have I mentioned how much I truly love Simon???

No comments:

Post a Comment