Friday, May 1, 2009

Ongoing Project....


After cross-stitching for years, I have branched out into embroidery. I've listed this as an ongoing project because, at this point, "ongoing" can be read as S-L-O-W! I'm still learning. I'm sure if any readers out there are experienced embroiderers, they will be able to tell just how novice I am! But I found this pillow kit on deep discount and it spoke to my love of bright colors and purple, in particular. I have, however, decided to skip the pillow part & just frame and mat it for my wall. The kit is by Kristin Nicholas, who also has a blog. I love Kristin's work and her love of color. She has a great book, Colorful Stitchery, that I highly recommend, as well as a book for teaching kids a love of stitching, called Kid's Embroidery.

It's hard for me to convey what an escape needlework is for me. I read once about a woman who found solace & strength in knitting when she faced the death of a child. Thankfully, I don't know what that feels like but I do know that it certainly helps me unwind & forget after long, stressful days.

No comments:

Post a Comment