Monday, June 6, 2011

From A Child's Perspective

I was going through some of my 9 yr. old son Brooks' school work from this year & this one never ceases to make me laugh. His teacher gave them a sheet of prompts that are actually common sayings & asked them to finish them. The words Brooks used to complete his are in all caps. Some he finished in the traditional manner. Some he did NOT. I love it:

Better to be safe than SORRY.

It is always darkest before LIGHT.

Never underestimate the power of LOVE. :-)

You can lead a horse to water but YOU CAN LEAD IT TO FOOD TOO.

Don't bite the hand that BIT YOU FIRST.

No news is NO SAFETY. (??)

You can't teach an old dog TO EAT.

If you lie down with the dogs you'll CRY.

Love all, trust ME. ;-)

Where there's smoke, there's FIRE.

Two is company, three is MORE MONEY.

Don't put off until tomorrow what COULD HAVE HAPPENED TODAY.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and THE WHOLE WORLD CRIES WITH YOU.

None are so blind as THE BIRD.

Children should be seen and not BE SHOWN.

If at first you don't succeed AT LAST YOU SHOULD!

You get out of something what you DO.

When the blind leadeth the blind SAW.

The pen is mightier than the PEOPLE.

I thought this was a really cool thing to have them do. Kind of gives you a window into how they think. Being on the cusp of 10 and into "double digits" when November comes, I know that his work and his mind will continue to get more serious and I'll miss stuff like this. For now I'll just hug him tight & enjoy what he sends my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment