Monday, January 3, 2011
Ravioli & Vegetables With Pesto Cream Sauce
Makes 3-4 servings
2 tsp olive oil
8 oz. fresh green beans, cut in 1 1/2" pieces
1/2 c medium yellow bell pepper, cut in 1/2" pieces
3 plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
1/3 c olives - green, black or both
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz frozen, cheese-filled ravioli
1/2 c sour cream
3 Tbsp basil pesto (Buitoni is a good brand to use.)
1 tsp lemon juice from fresh lemon + save lemon to squeeze more juice on indiv. servings
1. Put ravioli on to boil according to package instructions.
2. In 12 in. non-stick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Cook green beans & bell pepper in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, olives & salt. Cook about 3 minutes.
3. In small bowl, mix sour cream, basil pesto & lemon juice.
4. Drain ravioli & return it to saucepan. Toss ravioli, vegetable mixture & sour cream mixture. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over individual servings, if desired, for final touch.
5. Serve with garlic bread & olive oil w/ dipping spices & Caesar salad.